Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blessure Grave - Judged By Twelve, Carried By Six (2010)

If you're a friend of mine that sees me often, you can probably disregard this one. I ramble on like a blithering idiot about how much I love this band.

Blessure Grave stunned me. At first listen I felt as if every room sound besides this was pushed into the background. Had someone asked me to describe a band I'd like to be in and proceeded to fabricate it? Because it felt very close to home.

T. Graves and Reyna Kay, along with a full live lineup, remind me of the early days of Goth before the hair and make-up, a time when Post-Punk musicians were clumsily yet honestly foraying into dark, depressing and self-loathing territory;taking the cue from Ian Curtis' honest emotion and starting the Darkwave movement. Blessure Grave describe themselves as drawing influence from Death in June and March Violets (and with an EP called "Unknown Blessures" obviously, Joy Division. I assume they are aware how difficult it is not to be pigeon-holed as Goth revivalists when creating such stylized material.

Its an authentically updated 80's vibe: fuzzy bass, minimal guitar melodies and synth lines, drums almost exclusively floor tom and snare, gutturral yet subversively elegant vocals; Its just an opiate for me.

I want their first tape more than anything else at the moment. Obsessed. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Get it here.

Or: Judged By Twelve, Carried By Six - Blessure Grave

1 comment:

  1. Matthew Storm SchraderNovember 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    I might be able to get us that tape brother

    ReplyDelete

Followers