Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Top 25 Albums of 2013


So here we are. Another one down. I tell ya, this was a tough year to pick the best albums. In fact, usually I stress out because I can't find twenty-five records I'm really crazy about. Not the case in 2013. When I began compiling and realized I was going to have to cut a couple dozen, it was a bummer. But let's just forego the honorable mentions and get to work. Feel free to bitch, moan, and question my judgement, I'd love to get any feedback. And as always, thanks to the many of you that frequent this ol' mess, even when I'm slacking. I truly appreciate it. Here we go...


25. Jacco Gardner - Cabinet of Curiosities (Excelsior Recordings)








24. German Army - Burushaski (Belaten)






23. Steven R. Smith - Ending / Returning (Immune)





22. The Stranger - Watching Dead Cities Decay (Modern Love)





21. Darkside - Psychic (Matador)







20. Morphosis - Dismantle (Honest Jon's)








19. Tatsuya Nakatani & Shane Perlowin - Anatomy of a Moment (New Atlantis)





18. Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper (Hyperdub)









17. Forest Swords - Engravings (TriAngle)








16. Demdike Stare - Test Pressings 1-4 (Modern Love)


15. The Thing - Boot! (The Thing Records)





14. Mind Over Mirrors - When the Rest are Up at Four (Immune)






13. Lonnie Holley - Just Before Music (Dust to Digital)







12. The Haxan Cloak - Excavation (Triangle)








11. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away (Bad Seeds Ltd.)








10. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest (Warp)








9. Justin Walter - Lullabies and Nightmares (Kranky)








8. Pharmakon - Abandon (Sacred Bones)








7. Implodes - Recurring Dream (Kranky)








6. Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus 7 (Warp)








5. Miles - Faint-hearted (Modern Love)





4. Wolf Eyes - No Answer: Lower Floors (De Stijl)








3. Deafheaven - Sunbather (Deathwish)










2. Cliff Martinez - Only God Forgives (Milan)








1. Huerco S. - Colonial Patterns (Software)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers